Fabric Textile Paints
Soft, Flexible Fabric Paints - No Heat Setting
Personalise, Transform or Embellish Material
For a small outlay on a few colours and a suitable brush, fabric painting opens up endless opportunities for transforming clothing and soft furnishings like:
- Bed linen
- Curtains and cushion covers
- Canvas Shoes
DecoArt SoSoft Fabric Acrylics are super soft fabric paints that are opaque and give excellent coverage and washing durability on fabric. They are soft, like fabric dyes, but do not require the addition of a medium or heat setting.
SoSoft Fabric Acrylics are permanent and can be brushed, stamped, sponged, or stenciled. DecoArt's SoSoft Fabric Paint dry with a soft, flexible finish that will not crack, peel or harden. They adhere to all textiles and are great paints for silk painting. Also available in the SoSoft range are glitters, metallics, dimensionals, puff paints, shimmering pearls and neons.
SoSoft Mediums & Specialty Paints:
DecoArt's range of SoSoft Mediums and Speciality Paints offer another dimension to fabric painting.
- SoSoft Color Resist: Color Resist works as a masking medium for fabric painting projects. Use Color Resist where you do not want paint on your projects. Removing the mask will allow the color of the fabric or basecoat to show through a design created by Color Resist.
- SoSoft Pearl Medium: Use with SoSoft Fabric Acrylics to make pearl fabric paints. Mix equal parts of medium and paint.
- SoSoft Transparent Medium: A medium to turn opaque colors of So-Soft Fabric Acrylics and Shimmering Pearls into a transparent fabric paint. Very effective when working with iron-on and shaded transfers.
- SoSoft Ultra White: Ultra White is a super white basecoat paint for painting on dark fabrics. It enhances the brightness and true colors of the top coat.
- SoSoft Puff Paint: DecoArt SoSoft Puff Paint Writer in 1.15oz 34ml bottle. Add dimensional embellishment to your clothing or fabric items.
- Fabric Mediums: Country Love Crafts sell two fabric painting mediums which are product codes: CLDAS10 and CLDCA48. Simply mix the medium as instructed (with Americana Acrylics) to produce a washable, permanent textile paint. It improves penetration and bonds to the fabric while helping to prevent, cracking, peeling, and fading. Fabric Painting Medium is suitable for clothing and home decor fabric projects.
- SoSoft Paint Pot Set: A mini paint pot set containing an assortment of 6 primary colours. A great assortment of DecoArt paints in a blister pack paint pot set - ideal small decorating projects, take-away kits or something "to try before you buy".
- DecoArt Bead and Glitter Glue: Easily customize any surface by squeezing glue from writer tip & sprinkling with beads or glitter. Writer tip allows you to personalize squiggle or add dots to your designs. Glue will remain flexible for fabric projects. 2oz
New Ink Effects Image Transfer Paints
Create and personalise fabric articles and textile transfers (with your own individual designs) using INK Effects fabric transfer paints from DecoArt. Watch this video to see how easy it is! An easy-to-use "iron-fixing" fabric transfer paint.
This fabric paint is supple (i.e. it is not stff and will not break, crackle or split). Simply paint your own freehand design on a normal, plain sheet of paper and allow the paint to dry for approximately 45 minutes. Remember to mirror image text or designs. Once dry, place the painted piece of paper face-down on the fabric. Iron over design using a protective piece of paper. Keep iron moving. Peel off to reveal design. Even pattern sheets or colouring book pages can be used.
INK Effects can be painted, sponged or stencilled. Sheets can be re-used. Designs can be overlaid. There are 12 intermixable colours in the range. Colours work best on sythetic fabrics. A basecoat spray is recommended for cotton blends.
Ink Effects Fabric Transfer - click on link for gallery, video tutorial and FAQ.
If you need help, please speak to a member of the sales team on 01235 861700. Wholesale discounts, trade supplies.